Thursday, March 12, 2009

1 Nephi 3:5

5 And now, behold thy brothers murmur, saying it is a hard thing which I have required of them; but behold I have not required it of them, but it is a commandment of the Lord.
Laman and Lemuel are still murmuring over every commandment they get from their prophet/father. They apparently can’t see past his role as father to accept him as prophet. Not that they would have accepted him as a prophet even if he wasn’t their father, but this seems to be an added challenge for them. Even Christ got no respect in his hometown, among his own people (Matthew 13:57—58). I need to be able to respect the calling regardless of who holds it, and I can’t get hung up on the humans the Lord calls to fulfill His purposes here on earth. If they are good enough for God, they should be good enough for me.
  • Matthew 13:57
  • 1 Nephi 2:14
  • D&C 1:38

No comments: