4 And the Spirit said unto me: Believest thou that thy father saw the tree of which he hath spoken?
5 And I said: Yea, thou knowest that I believe all the words of my father.
It’s clear that the Lord gives to those who will receive. The Spirit of the Lord asks Nephi right off if he believed his father’s dream. I suppose that if he had answered negatively, we would not have the next few chapters. But Nephi’s answer tells us that not only did he honor his parents, but because of his belief, he was ready to receive further light and knowledge. The World would say that seeing is believing, but in many cases, believing is seeing. This is especially true with regard to spiritual matters. Understanding is after believing. One of our main purposes for coming to earth is to learn to live by faith. Understanding comes as a bonus.
- 1 Nephi 15:6–11
- 2 Nephi 28:30
- Mosiah 26:3
No comments:
Post a Comment