Saturday, January 7, 2012

1 Nephi 15:19

19 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, spake much unto them concerning these things; yea, I spake unto them concerning the restoration of the Jews in the latter days.

Now Nephi finishes explaining the comparison of the house of Israel to the olive tree. He tells them of the gathering of Israel and “grafting” all the scattered branches back into a single tree again. I wonder if this had any significance to Laman and Lemuel, who were so concerned with this life and their generation that they didn’t, or couldn’t take the long view. Nephi is talking about an event that would take place literally thousands of years after they were dead. What did they care? This points up one big difference between spiritual and worldly people. Those belonging to the Lord tend to take a more eternal perspective to life than those who are worldlier. An interesting contrast.

  • 1 Nephi 19:15

No comments: