25 Wherefore, I, Nephi, did exhort them to give heed unto the word of the Lord; yea, I did exhort them with all the energies of my soul, and with all the faculty which I possessed, that they would give heed to the word of God and remember to keep his commandments always in all things.
Nephi has an amazing and sincere love and concern for his brothers. It’s amazing because of all the bad treatment they dish out to him. It’s sincere because Nephi doesn’t seem to have any motive for wanting his brothers’ conversion except a desire for their eternal welfare. Yes, it’s his job that once he has been converted he needs to try to warn his brothers, but this doesn’t seem to be out of duty, but out of love. Nephi must have seen something, some redeeming quality in his brethren that inspired him to keep trying. And in this instance they do seem to have sincere questions.
- Jacob 1:19
No comments:
Post a Comment