16 Come ye near unto me; I have not spoken in secret; from the beginning, from the time that it was declared have I spoken; and the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.
I think this verse must have a dual meaning. On the one hand,
it tells Israel to come unto Christ (see Matthew 11: 28), that they can trust
Him to be true and trustworthy. He has openly preached His gospel from the
beginning, and He is acting on the authority of God the Father, who sent Him.
The other interpretation could be the same as above, except
instead of talking about the Lord, Isaiah could be referring to himself. He
could be saying that the people could come and listen to him; he has not spoken
in secret, and that he was sent by the Lord to say the things he said.
Knowing how Isaiah likes dual meanings, it’s very possible
that both interpretations are correct at the same time.