Sunday, April 12, 2015

2 Nephi Chapter 2 Overview

Redemption comes through the Holy Messiah—Freedom of choice (agency) is essential to existence and progression—Adam fell that men might be—Men are free to choose liberty and eternal life. About 588–570 B.C.

This chapter is among the most important chapters in all of scripture. With all the significant doctrine taught throughout scriptures, I know it is impossible to say one is more important than another, so lot me just clarify what I mean. I speak in terms of understanding the Atonement and the factors of this life that contribute to its necessity, such as the Fall of Adam, and our own agency. We also gain some valuable perspective on the conditions of this mortal existence, why it is so difficult, and how that fits into the overall Plan of Salvation and Happiness the Lord has for us. So in answer to the age-old questions, “Who am I? Why am I here? Where am I going when I die?” this verse gives some valuable insight, due to the straightforward and clear teaching given by Lehi. That’s why I claim it is truly one of the most important chapters in all scripture.

No comments: