13 And behold, it came to pass that Laban was angry, and thrust him out from his presence; and he would not that he should have the records. Wherefore, he said unto him: Behold thou art a robber, and I will slay thee.It seems like these records must have been pretty important to Laban. I wonder why he got so angry at Laman and accused him of being a robber when he simply requested the plates. Surely Laban didn’t care that strongly about the records of the prophets that were contained thereon. It must be the genealogy that he was so protective of. Or the artifact itself due to its value.
Monday, April 13, 2009
1 Nephi 3:13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It really does make me wonder at the kind of man that Laban was. I mean we pretty much know that he wasn't a spiritual man, other wise he wouldn't have tried to steal and kill Nephi and his brothers. Also the Lord told Nephi to kill Laben in the end, I don't think that would have happened if Laban would have been spiritual at all. So that makes me wonder if it was the geneology or just that is was an artifact. I don't know that we will ever really know, but it is interesting to think about.
Post a Comment