Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1 Nephi 4:18

18 Therefore I did obey the voice of the Spirit, and took Laban by the hair of the head, and I smote off his head with his own sword.

Here is where Nephi shows he is more than just talk. This would be probably the most difficult part of this mission, to kill the defenseless Laban. I am still impressed that Nephi was confident enough with his inspiration to actually follow through and kill Laban. There’s nothing to say that his inspiration was spectacular, such as a heavenly being appearing to him. He apparently had to sort out the voice of the Spirit from his own thoughts. There’s no indication of second guessing, either. That is the mark of a person who is in tune with the Spirit. That’s someone who has the commitment to keep the commandments no matter how hard.

No comments: