11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen.
The Tree of Life, or Love of God, is offered freely to all, but only those who make the effort to go to the tree, actively seeking that love are able to enjoy its fruit. And the fruit of this tree is desirable. It is white, or pure, more pure than anything we can experience in this life. The closest we come is charity, which Mormon defines as the “pure love of Christ.” (Moroni 7:47) Charity is one of the fruits of the Tree of Life. Again, the tree is offered to us all, but it doesn’t come to us without effort on our part. We must approach the Tree. If we wait for the Tree to come to us, we miss the mark. It must be our effort that brings us the fruits of God’s love.
- Moroni 7:47
- Matthew 7:17–20
- 3 Nephi 14:17–20
No comments:
Post a Comment