32 And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked and beheld the Lamb of God, that he was taken by the people; yea, the Son of the everlasting God was judged of the world; and I saw and bear record.
33 And I, Nephi, saw that he was lifted up upon the cross and slain for the sins of the world.
I’m sure the irony and injustice of Christ’s crucifixion are not lost on Nephi. To think that a god, even the Son of God, should be judged and condemned by the very people who should be worshipping Him must be an amazing and unbelievable thought to Nephi. He apparently was successful in conveying that amazing irony to his brother Jacob, who went a step further in his expressions of amazement in 2 Nephi 10:3–5. He says flat out that there is “none other nation on earth that would crucify their God.” When others saw the fruits of Christ’s labors they would be converted. Not so the Jews. They would crucify their God to preserve their priestcrafts.
- 2 Nephi 10:3
- Mosiah 3:9 (9–10)
- 3 Nephi 27:14
No comments:
Post a Comment