11 And the angel said unto me: Look! And I looked, and beheld three generations pass away in righteousness; and their garments were white even like unto the Lamb of God. And the angel said unto me: These are made white in the blood of the Lamb, because of their faith in him.
12 And I, Nephi, also saw many of the fourth generation who passed away in righteousness.
All the prophecies about the Nephites’ destruction say that it will happen in the 4th generation from Christ’s visit. And that is what happened, but that kind of complete destruction doesn’t happen overnight. And sure enough, as you read the account in 4 Nephi you see that by the end of the second generation the people were sowing the seeds of this destruction (see 4 Nephi 1:22–24). I wonder what was different this time? Always in the past the Nephites had been able to turn themselves around through preaching and through hardship. For some reason, it didn’t work that way for that 4th generation. This must have been a difficult vision for Nephi to watch.
- 2 Nephi 26:9 (9–10)
- 3 Nephi 27:32 (30–32)
No comments:
Post a Comment