9 And he said unto me: Thou rememberest the Twelve Apostles of the Lamb? Behold they are they who shall judge the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, the twelve ministers of thy seed shall be judged of them; for ye are of the house of Israel.
In the Institute manual (Student Manual: REL 121–122, 1979. p. 33) the comment on this verse and verse 10 raises the point of the term “judge” meaning to rule as well as to judge. That may very well be, but the cross references seem to emphasize the judging aspect. I think that the Church’s organization on earth reflects the eternal organization of the priesthood. In other words, the concept of presidency and council of twelve very well may extend beyond this earth. We have that organization on the stake level, again on the Church-wide level, why not extend that same organization into the eternities? I think the ultimate judge is Christ, but couldn’t there be a series of preliminary judgments by lesser judges such as bishop and stake councils do here on earth? I don’t know. I guess I can be dangerous while thinking with a pen in my hand.
- Luke 6:13
- Matthew 19:28
- Mormon 3:18–20
No comments:
Post a Comment