Saturday, October 8, 2011

1 Nephi 14:26

26 And also others who have been, to them hath he shown all things, and they have written them; and they are sealed up to come forth in their purity, according to the truth which is in the Lamb, in the own due time of the Lord, unto the house of Israel.

I think I see what is happening here. The Lord has revealed these great things to His prophets, then He told them to not record them because others would record them, the very revelations that Nephi saw. I think that is specifically so they could remain hidden from the world until the Lord reveals everything (2 Nephi 30:16–18). That being the case, if Nephi had recorded them on these plates, they would have been translated and come to light too soon, before we were ready to receive such great revelations. Remember that Mormon included these plates of Nephi without editing or abridging them, so those records could very well have come out in that case.

  • Daniel 12:9
  • 2 Nephi 30:17 (16–18)
  • Ether 3:21 (21–27)
  • D&C 35:18

No comments: