But I shall make an account of my proceedings in my days. Behold, I make an abridgment of the record of my father, upon plates which I have made with mine own hands; wherefore, after I have abridged the record of my father then will I make an account of mine own life.Nephi is very concerned about record keeping. I wouldn’t be surprised if we found out he kept a personal journal as well as the official records that he kept. I believe the abridgement referred to here is the 116 pages of manuscript that Joseph Smith lost.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
1 Nephi 1:17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think that you are right about the journal. There are times when i hear a talk and a thought strikes me that our journals are very improtant. I am reading in 3 Nephi in my personal scripture reading and I just read this morning when Christ asked why the Nephites didn't record the words of Samual the Lamanite. I think that the Lord expects us to write our spiritual and even non spiritual experiences. Sometimes I write in my journal often and then I go through months when I don't. But I do believe that it is a commandment.
Post a Comment