28 And it came to pass that Laman was angry with me, and also with my father; and also was Lemuel, for he hearkened unto the words of Laman. Wherefore Laman and Lemuel did speak many hard words unto us, their younger brothers, and they did smite us even with a rod.How short sited of Laman and Lemuel. If they had been converted, they would not have been angry, but they still blamed Nephi and Lehi for their hard lives. How much easier life must have been for them before Lehi had his vision. Easier until Jerusalem got destroyed anyway. If they had been converted and realized where the commandment to retrieve the plates came from, the Lord, and not Lehi or Nephi, they would have endured this hardship much better. Instead, they took out their frustration on Nephi and Sam. It all goes back to 1 Nephi 3:5; it was the Lord’s commandment.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
1 Nephi 3:28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And yet how often do we see people who haven't been truley converted, or maybe havn't cultivated thier converstion and so it has diminished. They want to blame others for thier trials, or when things don't work out the way they think they ought to. Instead of turning into a moment when they can turn to the Lord and really grow from it. They turn against the Lord and looose a great opportunity. Here Lamen and Lemual did as they were told. They came back to Jeruslem, they tried to get the plates it didn't work, and they turn against. How many times do people want to give up because it is hard? I think that sometimes we forget that the Lord doesn't always answer right then. Sometimes it takes three tries. This was a mission that the Lord sent them on, and yet it wasn't easy. I wonder if I may have wondered if I miss understood what i was to do. I think of my life right now, and as Neil and I are trying to figure out what the Lord wants us to do so we can recieve promised blessings. I wonder if I am being more like Lamen and Lemuel and saying we tried two times and it didn't work so this must not be what we are suppose to do, when clearly it was the Lords will. I don't know now I have a lot to think about :)
It's important that we apply the scriptures to our own lives and situations. My guess is that you are closer to Nephi than you are to Laman and Lemuel. You and Neil have always been a great example of faith and faithfulness. I really do look up to you for that.
Post a Comment