21 And I saw them gathered together in multitudes; and I saw wars and rumors of wars among them; and in wars and rumors of wars I saw many generations pass away.
I have often thought that The Book of Mormon events are a kind of foreshadow of events surrounding Christ’s Second Coming. If that is the case, then this verse definitely applies to today’s world events. At the time of this writing (December 2003) the United States is leading a world war of sorts. It isn’t like the first two world wars, and nobody has yet officially declared this war on terrorism “World War III,” but the whole world is involved at some level. Nephi saw the end of his generations, and the continuation of the Lamanites. However, the Lamanites were at war one with another, and there was no peace. Is that what today’s world is in for? Once we are finished with our common enemy, will we turn on each other? Only time will tell.
- Mormon 8:8
- Moroni 1:2
No comments:
Post a Comment