Sunday, March 27, 2011

1 Nephi 13:6

6 And it came to pass that I beheld this great and abominable church; and I saw the devil that he was the founder of it.

Here it is stated very clearly that the devil is the founder of that great and abominable church. I think some clarification is in order here. I don’t believe all churches outside The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints are of the devil. There are some congregations that are sincere seekers of the Kingdom of God and just don’t know where to find what they seek. They have been deceived by the efforts of the church of the devil. Following my comments of verse five, these people would be those who are aborted in their progress. They never were completely alive in Christ, having never taken the necessary covenants. Having never joined the saints of God, they would not be among the slain saints as discussed earlier. However, this spiritual abortion performed before they have a chance to be born again in the fullness of the covenants and gospel accomplishes Satan’s objectives very nicely. Many of these are given just enough truth to feel good about what they have. Their complacency prevents them from accepting the higher laws and standards found in the restored Church. This, by the way, applies just as well to some who have been baptized and not tried to better their condition. For example, someone who is in the Church, has taken the covenants of baptism, but has not gone to the temple is stopped in their progression toward exaltation because they have been deceived. They become afraid and think they are not worthy to receive those higher, temple ordinances. The very elect have been deceived in that case, and Satan wins another battle. I need to combat that. I need to help as many saints as possible take part in the fullness of the gospel and go to the temple.

  • 1 Nephi 22:23 (22–23)

No comments: