9 And I said: Lord, whither shall I go that I may find ore to molten, that I may make tools to construct the ship after the manner which thou hast shown unto me?This is typical Nephi. After the Lord shows him the plans for the ship, he wants to get to work. I think they probably had some tools for this journey, but maybe not the ones they needed for this kind of construction. We don’t really know much about the ship or how it was constructed. Did Nephi need to make nails? Did he need more hammers? Saws? Axes? He just wanted to get going, and needs the tools to fulfill his new calling. That’s a great example for when we receive callings in the Church. We accept the call, then we need to find out where to get the materials, training, whatever tools we need. Nephi is just a great example of accepting an assignment cheerfully and just doing what it takes to get the job done.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
1 Nephi 17: 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment