Monday, August 10, 2009

1 Nephi 4:7–8

7 Nevertheless I went forth, and as I came near unto the house of Laban I beheld a man, and he had fallen to the earth before me, for he was drunken with wine.

8 And when I came to him I found that it was Laban.

It’s interesting to me how often the Lord uses the effects of alcohol to accomplish His purposes. We see it sprinkled throughout the scriptures. I’m not sure that it means anything in particular, but it’s interesting.

1 comment:

raeshumak said...

You are so right, I hadn't thought of it before, but he does use alcohol to fulfill in purposes. I also find in interesting that he uses it to help the good people get past the bad people. He doesn't use it where the good people get drunk and good things happen. Another testimony of the importance on the word of wisdom.